I wrote a blog post inspired by Stephen Vakil's excellent suggested interview question, but I inverted it: When should you NOT choose SQL Server to store your data?
* When you don't actually need a database
* When you're not using structured data
* When you want pure analytics, or something other than a workload involving OLTP
* When you need to write to multiple nodes for a single database
* When your team wants a PAAS solution (lil pedantic on this, the hosted versions are slightly different)
* When your team needs a cheap solution
What do you think?
This podcast is available in blog post form: https://littlekendra.com/2023/06/21/when-not-to-choose-sql-server/